Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour 2011


It's just a rare sight for me to update my blog at such hour. I reckon it's time for me to get some sleep, but somehow, deep inside my mind, I'm insisting to update my blog first before I heading for bedlams. And that explained why I'm still wide awake here updating this post at 3:30 am. Crazy ayeeee! ( I know... )

Together with friends, I celebrated my first ever earth hour by spending the entire hour chatting with friends in the  darkness lit by couple of candles. It was bearable at first half hour, but some people started to make complaints about the heat brought by candles which caused them starting to sweat. However, we all still managed to struggle through the entire hour without utilizing any utilities. 

In addition to that, Saturday is "No Plastic Day" here in my city, which means we either have to bring our own bag or purchase plastic bags from the store by paying extra money for it. The good thing about this campaign is to promote the general knowledge of environmentalism to the public, and encouraging public to go as much green as they can. And of course, we never use a single plastic bag during our groceries shopping today. 

I definitely feel the greens growing inside my soul right now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment